Tuesday, April 8, 2008

A Carousel of Emptiness

Continuing with my series on Tomorrowland (where I spent more time than a person ought to have spent, trust me), I present my only photograph inside the vacant Carousel Theater:

I at least had the foresight as a fourteen-year-old to take the one! I imagine there must be more and better photographs of the interior demolition. Okay, one other image, the exterior from the late 1980s/early 1990s, graciously donated to me by Dean Baladad many years back:

3 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Ouch! This image of the gutted-out Carousel Theater is the most somber one of this bunch so far. Is that the stairway for the Skyway I see thru the building? I love those stairs, I was just checking them out last week, neat little part of 67 Tomorrowland..

Thanks again for these, somber and sobering at the same time.

Eric Scales said...

What were you doing in there back when you were 14?

Jason Schultz said...

VDT: Those stairs go up to the second level of the building (not the Skyway station). And for whatever reason, that stairway still wasn't changed when the new land opened in May 1998!

Eric: The photo was taken through a construction fence door handle opening. (They're great!)