Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Photos from George Short, Part 11: What Happened?

In response the first installment of this series, VintageDisneylandTickets asked what happened to the Space Mountain photos. They look slightly "off," while other photos--such as the Nature's Wonderland collection--are crystal clear. I really have no idea! Does anybody out there with more photographic experience know what caused the problem? It's almost like the colors are slightly misaligned, but I don't know if that's a good (or accurate) explanation. Below I exhibit a few more examples of this problem, which unfortunately mars otherwise very nice images. I have more like this, which I'll post in the normal course of things.

Rivers of America, 1959:

Town Square, 1963:

Christmas Tree, 1978:

4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

The photos are fine, you forgot to take off your red/green 3-D glasses!

Daveland said...

Jason - The registration error is very easy to correct; just shift the green channel of the RGB channels over a few pixels in photoshop. Probably just a scanner error.

Jason Schultz said...

Thanks, Dave. I meant to ask in my post if anybody knew how to fix it! I'll try it out when I get home.

Major Pepperidge said...

Daveland is a smart cookie! I tried it, and it works pretty darn well.