Thursday, June 26, 2008

Adopt-a-Highway: Disneyland Park

While being driven south on I-5 today I saw an Adopt-a-Highway sign (I think at the Harbor Boulevard off-ramp) that caught my attention. I clearly recognized the Disneyland logo from a distance and also noticed a subscripted word. I assumed that word would be "Resort." I was a little surprised to see "Park" instead. Disneyland (Park) obviously has its own identity, but it seems a little strange to me that Disney would use Disneyland Park as the sponsor rather than the resort property. Is this perhaps a relic from the late 1990s? Or does Disney's California Adventure just not care about litter?

I have a full day at Disneyland planned for tomorrow, including dining at the Club. I'll have more regular postings soon!

3 comments:

Futurama said...

Club Buzz or Club 33? (or maybe Mickey Mouse Club Headquarters or Coral Club in your time machine)? ;)

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Let's Krash Jason's Club party!!!! LOL!! Have a fun at Disneyland today!

Anonymous said...

I remember that sign from pre-DCA...however it's a decent guess that DCA also doesn't care about litter.