Thursday, May 8, 2008

Cats in New Orleans Square

I apparently missed the "we're all posting photos of cats in Disneyland today" memo that Davelandblog and Vintage Disneyland Tickets read yesterday, so here are my own contributions today. These photos were taken at Cast appreciation event (an after-hours party in Frontierland/New Orleans Square) on May 8, 2002. You may not believe me, but I just realized that that would be six years ago today! They were taken by Kevin and Michelle Yee. (Thanks!) You can see that the cats made their own feeding station.

We guessed the cats thought people would be gone by the time of the party and thus didn't pay any mind to wandering about as they pleased.

6 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

Neat Kitty Post! Sorry about you not getting the memo, buy hey, at least you have more than one picture! The cat in the last two pics looks just like the one I saw at the Hungry Bear. Same cat? 5th generation maybe? THANKS! Nice touch with the dates matching, even if it was by accident.

Daveland said...

Jason - Maybe the memo went into your spam box! Monday was my first cat-sighting at the park although I had heard about "a few" having free reign there.

Anonymous said...

How exciting! I've only seen two cats at the park, but considering they were out and about in broad daylight [and both on the same day] it was pretty nifty.

SagePixie said...

Here's my kitty pics from Feb.
Looked like a Maine Coon to me ;-)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2278/2260013724_20225d257f_m.jpg

Jason Schultz said...

Wow! That cat looks BIG!

mistryl said...

My favorite is still the cat with his face stuck in the bread bowl. :)

I can't believe that was six years ago. That means it's been that long since I was a CM (I left in June 2002).