Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thesaurus Term of the Day: Barrios, Tony

Barrios, Tony
Added: March 15, 2009


Tony worked in Facilities at least in the 1980s and 1990s (it can be hard for me to say definitively the years an individual worked at the Park, unless I have a source providing a narrative of his or her work history). Telephone directories identify Tony as working in Engineering and then Facilities Enhancement, and also the recipient of a March 1996 Disneyland Resort Excellence Award. I'd like to know what he received it for!

2 comments:

Ben Myers said...

Here's a something interesting for you. I was told by the grandson of an early Disneyland cast member that when the park opened that due to the large amount of water craft on the Rivers of America and Jungle Cruise, that the United States Coast Guard required a USCG-licenced charter captain to be onsite. They told me this requirement was in place for the first three years Disneyland was, and was rescinded in 1958 or early 1959. Have you ever read anything about that in your research?

Jason Schultz said...

Ben, I haven't heard this other than from you. That doesn't mean it's not true, necessarily, but I've yet to come across anything which confirms or denies it.